"Magicianary" - A missionary who does magic to bring joy and happiness as well as share the gospel with the people of Madagascar (According to Brad)

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 31, 2011 - Last one

    Well the MTC experience has been amazing! But I am so ready to go to Mada! I've learned so much by the spirit. It's crazy how you struggle with something one day, and then you're a pro the next. I believe that can happen to anyone, you don't have to be in the MTC. If you work hard and and the purpose is to help somone else, I truly believe that the Lord will help you. That's what I've learned the most here, you have to work for someone else. It won't just bring happiness to the person you're helping, it will affect others around you that you might not notice. And amazing enough, it will encourage youself to do even better and bring happiness into your own life. I watched a conference talk by Pres. Monson, and it was about gratitude. Have an attitude of gratitude and your day will be blessed. If you are always in a thankful mood, you'll forget about yourself and help others. In this gospel, YOU have to be the first to act and then others will follow. We always talk about being an example, but we never say that we need to be the first example. A thing that I heard a long time ago was, to do something great, you'll have to do something that has never been done before. Something along those lines, you might of heard of it before. The best example again of being the first example is Christ. He performed the Atonement - one of the greatest blessings given to us. If you are the first to be an example, you might just be the greatest blessing in someone's life.

   I haven't gotten my visa so I'm a little scared. I hope we don't have to stay late, that wouldn't be fun. I have malaria pills but I don't need to take them yet. If I'm in Tana (Antananarivo-the capital) then I won't have to. My collar bone is good now, my backpack doesn't hurt anymore. I think my jacket and sweaters are going to be enough. I know that you'll be proud of me when you hear this:  I have offiacially gained 15 lbs. here! I'm a fatty but I'm gonna lose it all anyways when I go to Mada. :)

   I just want everyone to know that I love them, I want you to send me an email every once in a while. I'm going to work my hardest in Madagascar, and I expect you to work just as hard at home. Remember, be the FIRST example, and try to see the blessings in your life. I hope we get another Apostle tonight, so we can make it five! So far Richard G. Scott, Dallin H. Oaks, Neil L. Anderson, and Russell M. Nelson.


              Love,
                  Elder Walker

No comments: