"Magicianary" - A missionary who does magic to bring joy and happiness as well as share the gospel with the people of Madagascar (According to Brad)

Friday, May 20, 2011

Letter to Melissa - 5/17/11

Dear Melissa,

So I just got your second letter of the week today. So I'll just respond to both. Elder *** packed up his bag and almost left. He was two seconds away from walking home. Luckily, one of the security guards stopped him and said that he needed a ride home and to call his parents first. Long story short, the right things happened, the right people talked to him and now he's OK. And it was because of the exact thing you said. He was too hard on himself, so now he's a little less strict on himself and everyone else. Which I'm happy about. :) It was crazy though cuz Elder *** got a letter from his dad yesterday saying that he had a dream about him leaving the MTC for no reason and it was so vivid he had to act on it. The morning after, he saw that he had a missed call from the MTC. Now I think that is some pretty cool revelation.

That's too bad about Heather. (A friend of mine going through an annulment.) For someone (her husband) to be that lame and stupid, you really have to try at it. I was reading "How to be Totally Miserable" by John Bytheway, and I loved it. It is amazing how much you have to try to be miserable and make other people miserable. There are so many good things in the world. He had an amazing perspective on some things too, I'll tell ya some quotes later.

That's good about the Lakers! Who won the Playoffs?

So after this Sunday, another threesome (the Indo's) are becoming the new Zone leaders. I'm glad I won't have a million meetings to go to anymore. I get to play the piano sometimes but not as often as I would like.

I wonder if the prophets are going to start talking about movies, because they are really making those PG 13 movies sketchy...

If you guys go to Portland, look for an Elder Hendricks. He's this big dude with blonde hair and can beat-box like none other! He's also way funny. :) I can imagine not knowing where to go being scary. I had to go through it. The thing that helped me get through it was, stay busy! Even if it is trying to plan for a new job. Never dwell and sit there thinking about problems. Make solutions or at least try to. I feel kind of weird giving advice because you probably already know anything I tell you but I guess it's always good to be reminded every once in a while.

Well I hope you don't get too stressed out. I love you and will pray for you to know where to go.

Love,
Elder Bradford Walker

No comments: