"Magicianary" - A missionary who does magic to bring joy and happiness as well as share the gospel with the people of Madagascar (According to Brad)

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

May 10, 2011 Weekly email

The days are starting to go faster and I can't wait for Madagascar. It was Brother O'Day's last day yesterday... that sounded weird. Anyways, he showed us some videos of Madagascar and pictures and a video of when he was in the MTC. It was cool how much he changed. And the people we teach in the TRC were in his MTC group, it was funny some of the things they said.

Brother Rasolo told us that we were leaving a week earlier than planned! I got so excited! But right before he left he said he was joking. We got so mad at him! It was a good week. He also showed us a talk that Elder Holland gave at the MTC last year and it was about how missionaries need to work harder than ever before. It was really powerful. I figured out that talks given at the MTC don't get distributed to everyone else. Just wanted you guys to be jealous... But I'll send my notes home so you guys can see what it was generally about.

Well it's our 5th week here and it's getting pretty long. I just want to leave for Mada right now. Oh! I almost forgot! Go to Madagascarfoundation.org  Brother O'Day made a non-profit organization to help other non-profit orgs work together. It's a really cool website and a lot of cool info with videos and pics.

One of the Elders in my district had a tough trial this week with his family and it's amazing what he said. "No matter what happens there, I'm not going to go home. I know I should serve a mission and that's what I'm going to do." It was amazing because he has been struggling the whole time. But then after, he was happy and postive and seemed like he was learning faster and better than everyone. Even me, can you believe that?! Anyways, it made me think that whoever Satan works on the most, my opinion is that they can do the most good in the church. That's just an opinion. And that's what keeps me going sometimes when I feel down or frustrated. I told this to Mom but I'll say it here. Be happy, it's a choice, and can make your day go better. No matter what, try to be happy and try to make others happy. And that's what Mom helped me figure out. You're wonderful Mom! I love you! And I love everyone else too! And especially everyone who reads my blog. Fun fact, the word for "especially" in Malagasy is "indrindrindrindra". That took me a while to figure out how to say! Haha!

No comments: