"Magicianary" - A missionary who does magic to bring joy and happiness as well as share the gospel with the people of Madagascar (According to Brad)

Thursday, May 26, 2011

I got the list - May 24, 2011

Dear Momma,

I got the list I was talking about so here's the rest of the stuff I wanted to tell you.

I'll send the package of pictures at the end of the MTC so I can send you everything that happened here. And I wrote on the back of every one that you needed to know.

I'll have enough room in my bags now that the candy is gone and I'm sending home the insect spray (I might take one, I'm not sure). I should be good to go with my jacket and supplies that I've received and bought. I haven't added anything else. (That was a really poor sentence. Oh well.)

So, Brother Bell's little brother came into the MTC this last Wednesday and guess who his companion is? Elder Collinsworth from BYU b-ball. He looked a little different in person but he seems like a cool guy. They're going to Russia, by the way.

And the last song by Aaron Waite I forgot to tell you was "Now Let Us Rejoice." I love piano! Dani, you better get amazing at it! Become better than me or Melissa and you'll love it more than anything. (I don't know why I said, "me", Melissa's obviously better. ha ha!)

You don't need to send me anymore jackets or sweaters. My teachers said you only need to bring 2 or 3 which is what I have.

[A little background - I have a Girls' Weekend with my daughters each year. We were out to breakfast this last Saturday for it and a waitress came up and said that a table of guys wanted to buy our breakfast. My two married daughters, Melissa & Natalie, had a "deer in the headlights" look like they didn't know what to do. I immediately said, "Where are they sitting?" Sure enough it was all of our husbands - being jokesters!]
That's so funny that Dad, Brian and Adam did that! I wish I was there to see it. I love our family. We always have a good time. But at the same time, we are serious when we need to be. Some people have one side or another and I'm glad that our family has balance.

I'm sooo jealous, jealous, jelus, gelos...anyways, that Dad saw "Thor." TJ (Hartman) was so mad that he was going to miss it, that's his favorite superhero. There are tons of hero movies coming out! I guess after Batman, Superman and Ironman came out and they saw how popular they were, they wanted in on some cash too. Maybe people are just attracted to the word "man" in a movie title?

Geez! You guys are changing the whole house! I'm not even going to recognize it when I come home. Just for future reference, if you want me to come home before going to live with Phil, I request my room to be painted with a huge picture of the Golden plates, the stripling warriors and maybe Bruce Lee, no Jackie Chan! You don't have to, but I might go over to Phil's house if he has that in one of his rooms...

Don't worry about me calling everyone in the airport. Remember, it takes three days to get there and one layover will be 10 hours or so.

Even though it's hard, it's good to get more responsibility, if not that, at least the knowledge to do something different. One Christlike attribute that is in PMG (Preach My Gospel) is knowledge. We should continually seek knowledge, especially spiritual knowledge. I can guarantee you that if you learn something new every day, you'll be happier. Why? Because it's a Christlike attribute and says we should in the scriptures. D&C 88:18.

Well, I can't wait to see Cache (Guzy) this week and hopefully Jean and Taylor (Hartman). I love you all so very much!!!

Love,
Elder Bradford Kent Walker

No comments: