"Magicianary" - A missionary who does magic to bring joy and happiness as well as share the gospel with the people of Madagascar (According to Brad)

Monday, April 11, 2011

April 8, 2011

READ OTHER LETTER FIRST!

Manohoana!
I am learning so much everyday! I love my teachers, Rahalahy (which means brother) O'day, Rahalahy Rasolo, he is from Madagascar, and then Rahalahy Bell. Each one is a different teacher and I love every way!
I started to feel frustrated and very overwhelmed but I pray each time I have those feelings and even if I am not concious of the Lord helping me sometimes, I just remember what I am doing this for. The MTC is not just about learning a language or learning more about the gospel, it's about teaching the person. Not just teaching itself. When you teach a person for the first time , especially a Malagasy person, you have to be very, and I mean VERY simple in the way you teach. In the way you say or word things to the very words you use! Like "the gospel was lost", instead of "apostasy" or "guidelines" instead of "gospel". And the way they form sentences is backwards. If is was in English it would be "loves us God" instead of "God loves us". It might seem hard to learn but with the Spirit helping you constantly, you pick it up abnormally quick.
Tia my filazantsara aho sy mianatra tia ny teny gasy aho. Nahafantatra Andriamanitra tia insika aho. Amin ny anarani Jesoa Kristy, Amena. (I love the gospel and I love learning Malagasy. I know God loves us. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.)
Sorry for the confusion of letters. We didn't have time to go to the mailroom, so that's why I sent both at one time.
Sincerely,
Elder Walker

P.S. They need more clear records on my Hep A&B shots. Which shot was which Hep. Thank you and I love all of you. Mandra pihoana! (see you later!)

No comments: