"Magicianary" - A missionary who does magic to bring joy and happiness as well as share the gospel with the people of Madagascar (According to Brad)

Monday, April 18, 2011

April 14, 2011

(Excerpts from letter to Melissa, one of the sisters)

Hey Melissa!

I almost spelled your name with an "i". :) And just because the Lord knows I won't see it again doesn't mean I wanted it either! (I said it was his fault we were getting all this snow, because he won't see it for 2 years.) It's cold wearing just your suit jacket. So hopefully, that was the last snow storm. It was pretty funny because one of my companions is from Hawaii. His name is Maua'i, which sounds just like Hawaii, if you're struggling to say it out loud in your apartment. And he was so facsinated by the snow because this was his first time seeing it. And then two other people in my district are from Arizona, so they normally don't see snow. And my other companion (I have two if you didn't catch that) has rarely seen snow, so I'm the only one in my district, which is 5, that wanted it to stop snowing and get warm! But gladfully, it's warmed up now. That's awesome that Brian is so close to graduating. I know you guys will be fine with whatever happens. I still don't know what I want to major in. I guess it's good I have two years to think about it.

...

(I was having trouble spelling in my letter to him, so his response was:) And don't worry about spelin' words cuz I'm bat at tht to. Haha!

...

They just need to "do their best, and the Lord will do the rest." That quote is one of many favorites that I've heard. Except it's "your" instead of "their". I hope you don't mind me not making a new paragraph in the right place. I just don't care that much. :)

I'm love in the MTC so far. It's crazy how fast you can learn with the Spirit helping you. I know how to pray, bear testimony, have a short conversation and give a quick, simple first lesson, in Malagasy. It's hard to keep learning everyday though. It just reminds you how much you need to rely on the Lord. The first 4 1/2 days were the hardest because it's so jam packed you don't have time to do anything, but now it's good. My companions are Elder Maua'i from Hawaii and Elder Fryer from overseas but went to school in New York before he came but was born in Utah. (Elder Fryer's doesn't ryhme as well). There are two other people in our district which makes 5. And no, it doesn't sound like gibberish anymore, (the Malagasy) just a little jumbled when my teachers talk really fast. I'll just share two more quotes that I like because I have to go.

"Salvation is not cheap, it takes hard work."

"Look for the miracles" (every day) I like to add that end part.

I love you and will keep writing!

Mandra pihoana! (See ya later) Mazotoa! (Be diligent)

Sincerely,
Elder Bradford Walker

No comments: