"Magicianary" - A missionary who does magic to bring joy and happiness as well as share the gospel with the people of Madagascar (According to Brad)

Friday, April 22, 2011

April 21, 2011

Here are some excerpts from his latest email...
Hey everyone! I love the emails, keep sending them! I might not respond to everything but I found a spot to print them out. So don't worry if you weren't answered. I'll answer them in a letter.

(His cousin, James Blake, just received his mission call to Kentucky Louisville, reporting June 22nd.)Thats so exciting for James! Tell him to look for Aaron Lloyd, cuz I think he's going in that same day!

On Saturday we will be teaching the whole first lesson in Malagasy! I'm scared. It is still crazy how long the words are in Malagasy! I've gotten used to some of the words but my favorite right now is "Fanekempihiana" which means covenant.
(Here are some questions we asked him and his responses)
How many are in your district and what are their names?
There are 5 Elders in my district/class altogether: Maua'i, Fryer, Wilson, Shaw and me.
Are you feeling like you're getting enough sleep?
It was hard the first couple of days but now I'm used to it.
How's your collarbone feeling?
It hurts if I wear my backpack too long so that's why I stopped.
What do you do during gym?
I usually play volleyball cuz that's the funnest and I can't play b-ball.
Do you like the food in the cafeteria?
Ya it's all fake but I'm not picky.
What do you usually eat?
Anything. I think they purposefully make the food bad to prepare you for the mission haha!

No comments: