"Magicianary" - A missionary who does magic to bring joy and happiness as well as share the gospel with the people of Madagascar (According to Brad)

Monday, June 6, 2011

Phone Call & Letter to Melissa - 6/1/11

At 4:30 today, I got my phone call from Brad. He was in Chicago on his first of many layovers. He sounded really good and happy. He bore a short testimony in Malagasy, which just sounded like gibberish to me, but very cool nonetheless. I think our family is really lucky, because even though my Mom was in Minnesota with Nat, and my Dad, Phil, Dani, and I were all at our different jobs, he got to talk to all of us separately. I guess that's what happens when you have 8 hour layovers between all your flights. I got teary talking to him, but it was really great to talk and laugh with him. I just hope that 20 minute phone call lasts me until Christmas.


Then I got home today, and I had a letter from Brad! Double win!

Hey Melissa,

I am writing not on my P-day so I have to be quick.

Words with friends?! My friend Broc and I were the first ones to use that game! That's funny that everyone is playing it now. I could totally see Mom go "squinty eyes" and start crying after "jus zayin." :)

It's crazy, the snow here! Actually, I haven't seen any snow down here, just rain. I was just trying to be sympathetic. Me and you are or might be moving to places where it's gonna rain a lot! What a coincidence! Quincidence? Agh! I'm going to be the best speller after I got back from my mission!

How was Pirates 4? Movies now aren't as good as they used to be. Ya know, back in the good ol' days. :) Be sure to watch Kung Fu Panda 2, and tell me your favorite line from it though! :)

Well, I don't have anything wise to share with you. I guess, just read my last email. Ooo, and get a cool quote from it! I've always wanted my own quote. :) Because if I became famous, you could say, "Hey, I gotta quote from when he was 19, oh and he's my brother." But I'm sure people would care more about the quote. I guess I did have some wisdom to share. ;)

Well, remember to work hard, be obedient, be thankful, love one another and be patient. I'm praying for you.

Love,
Elder Bradford Walker
(Brad then tried to sign his name really spiky like our dad does.)
am I becoming like Dad yet?

Post script: Tell Momma thank you for all the extra sheet music too! Oh, and that Carol Campbell and Nyla Miller sent me some cinnamon rolls and made me a cool animal pillowcase.

No comments: