"Magicianary" - A missionary who does magic to bring joy and happiness as well as share the gospel with the people of Madagascar (According to Brad)

Monday, February 4, 2013

Feb. 4, 2013

The life in Utah sounds exciting and jam packed! You could call it exciting here too. So like you heard last Monday, I was 5O miles south in a town called Ambositra, doing a little zone meeting with the other two missionaries down there. That's why the email was really short last week (sorry!) Tuesday, we took a four hour bus ride more south to a place called Fianarantsoa. Where we did a zone meeting with the four missionaries there. Afterwards we went on splits with them. We taught some pretty good times but after that we were heading home on our bikes down this hill. The two missionaries in front of me were going a little fast, maybe a little too fast than they should've but I kept up with them anyways or else I would've been left behind and gotten lost. We were going in a row and I was last. We were just going and right after one of the missionaries passed these people, all of a sudden this Twelve year old girl just darts across the path in front of me! I didn't have time to yell or brake or do anything! So obviously I just crashed right into her. My bike went to the right with the girl and I kept on going straight. I felt like I flew 8 feet before landing on my right arm/elbow, and then rolling a few times. My biggest worry was dealing with the Malagasies because they try to take your money in situations like this one. I got up and talked to them, the girl had two scrapes on her foot, the bike was fine, [It stopped there - really?]

[And then later....]

I'll finish the email tomorrow morning. The connection is so slow that it is freezing when just typing and we have to go do the zone meeting here with the ten missionaries in Antsirabe. love you, talk to you tomorrow.

Elder Walker

No comments: