"Magicianary" - A missionary who does magic to bring joy and happiness as well as share the gospel with the people of Madagascar (According to Brad)

Monday, November 5, 2012

Nov. 5, 2012


So a lot has happened back in America. Almost like you guys are having too much fun! Over here in Mada is about the same. It has been just a little frustrating because a lot of people are not progressing or they are never at their house of where we decided to meet or they don't come to church when they say they will after 3 times. But with all of that kind of stuff there are the awesome families that you come in contact with, way cool members that help so much with the mission work, and way good missionary friends.

On Wednesday, we were with this family that are mostly members except the kids that passed age eight before they could get baptized so now we take care of them. So it is a grandpa and grandma that are both members with their one daughter who is a member also. And then the daughter has 4 more kids; an 11 year old boy who is baptized, then a 9 year old girl, and a 7 year old boy who are going to be baptized on the 24th of November (a week after the boy turns eight) and then last but definitely not least a 3 year old girl. I'll have to take a picture with them because they are just the funniest bunch of people here in Madagascar. But the 3 year old daughter just kills me every time we go over. She is so smart! She can already write and everything. I don't know if that's normal in America but it's not normal here. She says the darndest things! It is so hilarious. Another thing that was funny was when we were teaching the Word of Wisdom is when we were going through the things we couldn't have the 9 year old daughter chimed in and said that we couldn't eat people. So I waited and thought a little bit and then accepted her answer. So now there is one more thing added to the list. Thou shalt not eat thy neighbor. It was so hilarious.

Just a little note, on Thursday we went into Tana for district meeting and then after we went out to eat. And there were not any restaurants open at all. I guess it was The Day of the Dead for the people not of the Catholic church and then It was the party of the saints if you were. And everything was closed. It was just a really weird holiday but whatever :)

We really have some cool people here in Ampitatafika.  We went over to this woman's house and she just received the Book of Mormon from the last time we were there. We asked her if she read and prayed about the Book of Mormon. She said that she did and that she has received an answer and that she knows its true! She also said that she got a lot of money the day she prayed so that just reaffirmed her answer to prayer. I thought that it was a little funny but hey, God works in mysterious ways.

Right now I don't have too much to report, we just need to do a little tracting to get some wealthy men. That is our goal right now. Pres. Adams is really focusing on centers of strength. I think he is really determined to make at least one more stake here in Madagascar if not two. I think he could do it. He is such a good President. He knows how to get things done. So I'll give you an update about the men. I really want to find someone that is just jaw dropping amazing. I guess it'll just come in time. :)

I really love being out here and serving the people here also. It is such a cool experience to be a missionary in a place like this. I love all of you and pray for you guys every night. I hope that you are happy as well.

Love,
Elder Walker


1. Just curious, do you ever get letters from anyone else anymore or just family? Sometimes that happens the longer you've been out. Especially since it takes so long for letters to get there. I sometimes get dear elders from Shai Haws or Miranda Jessee. I've also gotten a couple from James Blake. But it is usually just Maddie Rawle that still writes me. Woohoo! true friends :) just kidding I love you all!

2. Do you think you'll be transferred before Christmas? I'm just worried about your packages. We still have one to send you next week. I think I will be transferred but I don't know if it will be out of Tana or not. Hopefully they take them to all the missionaries before Christmas.
3. Now that you've been out for a year and a half, are there any life skills that you wish you'd had before you left on your mission? Or, do you think being an Eagle Scout prepared you pretty well, besides your amazing Mom and Dad? Do you mean like just surviving or like more social skills? I think that you guys helped me out a lot for like ironing, sewing, cooking a little, stuff like that. I've seen a lot of missionaries that are not prepared with stuff like that. And I'm glad that I was. 
4. So am I right you now have 6 in your apt? Where are the other two from and how long have they been out? Is it Payton Hansen? Wow! The two new elders are Elder Horne and Elder Hansen. And yes me and Elder Hansen get along great! Way fun to be with someone you knew before. Elder Horne is from Murray and Elder Hansen is in Olex's stake now. His family moved right after he left. 

No comments: