"Magicianary" - A missionary who does magic to bring joy and happiness as well as share the gospel with the people of Madagascar (According to Brad)

Monday, March 19, 2012

Exciting - March 19, 2012

I almost getting too excited as you guys sometimes see and this is one of those moments. Natalie having a girl, Melissa having her boy sometime this week! Going to Disneyland when I get back with the whole family! My lil' heart can barely take it! I would definitely love to go to Disneyland when I get back (when would it be, because I might want to see Olex's homecoming. If we can work that out, that would be great. But if it's not possible then its fine.)

Dani playing rugby?! That is really intimidating! I'm just used to wrestling Fryer's mini on Pdays. But Dani... I don't know about that, I'll have to watch what I say to her from now on. Don't tell her to be safe before the game you might jynx it and she might break her collar bone or something and have to get surgery...

Zone conf. was for the whole zone. Toliara was technically supposed to go to the Antsirabe zone conf. But we went by plane up to Tana so we just stayed there. I don't know how many missionaries were at zone conf. but there are about 70 missionaries in the whole mission. Hopefully we will start to get more missionaries each group because we definitely need them here. The work just doesn't stop growing. Our zone leader is in Antsirabe, they actually haven't told Fryer and I who is district leader though. I guess it doesn't matter if you're just a district of two...

MTC
9 months later
Well we are not contacting a ton because as we found out by this last week we are about 10 or so times short than we should be. We just can't fit it into the day. But we need to focus on more fathers than anyone else at this early stage of the church here. We really need leaders and we need them fast! Right now me and Fryer are looking for a new church building because the one we have now is
five times too small. Someone is coming from South Africa to look at couple areas church buildings to see which one to get. Right now me and Fryer have a couple houses but we are going to keep looking. It really doesn't matter where or what it is as long as it is bigger in any way and doesn't have a huge long muddy path going to it. I'm sure our attendance will go up when it is easier to see and easier to get to.
 
Brad's three areas
So as you guys know, the two areas in Toliara got put together, so now there is just me and Fryer here. We had a ton of people to teach and didn't even get to all of them. It is really hard to take a pause on some people because they are just so fun to teach but we are really looking for leadership right now to lead the church. It seems that me and Fryer are already good at teaching with each other. With me and Roney we didn't click as fast as me and Fryer. I don't know who to talk about because I just gained more than double my original investigators, so I'll just say that there were a lot of really wonderful times where I felt the spirit. And that is not a generic statement. It is amazing how much you can feel the spirit in one day while teaching the gospel. It feels really good when you bear your testimony, you feel the spirit and you can also tell that they feel it too. Sometimes you can get a look of surprise on their face or a big old smile when they feel the Holy Ghost. It is really rewarding when you see stuff like that. Its what keeps us going with energy. It's sometimes really tough to go out at 10 in the morning for the fourth day in a row to teach but when we get there and start teaching it makes it all worth it. I don't know about other people but I wish I wasn't so quick to forget. Just like the people in the Book of Mormon, they were quick to forget the blessings from God. When reading it seems silly how fast it could happen but it is defifnitely possible. So remember, don't be so quick to forget the blessings from God. The wonderful feelings you get when you follow them. It can be hard sometimes but always remember that you will be blessed when you follow the commandments of the Lord.

I love all of you and hope that everyone keeps the commandments when it's the hardest to.

Love,
Elder Walker

No comments: