"Magicianary" - A missionary who does magic to bring joy and happiness as well as share the gospel with the people of Madagascar (According to Brad)

Monday, January 16, 2012

Blessings - January 17, 2012

I can't believe the blessings our family has received. Melissa having a baby in March, Phil going to the temple, Nat having a baby in July! I guess we are still waiting on Dani for something :) Just kidding, love you! I'm just so glad that we have a loving Heavenly Father to help us whenever we need it. We are so blessed to know of this gospel. It is so hard to put into words the feeling I have about this wonderful gospel! There are just so many. I'll sum it up into one word. Awesome! I don't think I can thank Heavenly Father enough.

Yesterday, we got transfer news! So I am training right now and the plan is that you have to stay with your trainee for three months. I have been with him for only a month so it was pretty set in stone that we weren't going to move. But the other two people in the house, Wilson and Bates, is a different story. Wilson has been in the area for four months and Bates for three. Bates is Wilson's kid, and I have never heard of a trainer and trainee staying together for more than the planned three months. So our guess was for Wilson to go somewhere else and for Bates to get a new companion. Well me and Landon are still in the house and the area that Wilson and Bates worked in, is getting white-washed!!! Which means that there are going to be two new missionaries in the area. Wilson is going to Fianirantsoa, which is 9 hours south of Tana. And Bates is going to Antsirabe, which is 2 or 3 hours south of Tana. The missionary coming in is Elder George. He is the group ahead of me. The other missionary is going to be a mini. So he will have to get a member in his ward to be his companion. Elder George is also becoming a Zone Leader. Elder George just got a lot of responsibility all in one sitting. But he can handle it, he is a really good missionary. So that is transfer news this month.

On Saturday was a baptism. No not in my ward. But Wilson's area. So there is this family that Wilson found and he first baptized the Mom. Then we baptized two of the four kids and now he just baptized the father. They are a full member family, besides the two younger kids that are just too young. That is a pretty cool experience to baptize a whole family. They are going to be great people in the church, I can tell. And their two youngest daughters are just the cutest little things I've seen in this country. Anyway, the baptism was scheduled to start at Three O'clock. But the father getting baptized was a half hour late. But that wasn't even the worst part, the branch president for Wilson's branch was a full hour late! I guess he had some problems with his motorcycle. Well the baptism still was great. I was folding the programs and noticed my name was put as the opening prayer. It was quite a surprise because he didn't even ask me to do it, but at least it is not as bad as last time when he put me as doing the prayer and giving a talk.

Well this next Saturday Elder Landon and I will have a baptism. His name his Eric and he is 13. Hopefully I can get people to give talks and such.  I just love days when people are getting baptized. The day just seems so much brighter!

I finally got G&G's package. Even though it was a stocking, the contents inside were still appreciated, very much. All the Hershey kisses and mints are already gone along with the chocolate orange. And I got the package on Friday. The wind up snowman is my new favorite toy. I love it all! Thank you very much Grandma and Grandpa, love you! I also loved the letter inside, it helped a lot.

Well that was just a brief summary of the week. I don't have enough time to write all the really fun times in between of what I tell you already. But you just have to take my word for it that it is always fun!

I love you all, even the people that read this on the blog!
Elder Walker

P.S. I forgot my camera at the house, sorry no pictures :)

No comments: