"Magicianary" - A missionary who does magic to bring joy and happiness as well as share the gospel with the people of Madagascar (According to Brad)

Monday, October 8, 2012

Best meal yet! - Oct. 8, 2012

So nothing special this week. There was one thing that was really cool. Brother O'Day's mom came here to Madagascar. We didn't see them last week because they were somewhere on the beach (not fair). But last Friday we went over to the Branch president’s house where they are staying and had dinner. First of all I have to talk about the delicious dinner that we had. It was American style! O'Day's mom made this cucumber salad thing with another mango/pineapple salad that was really good. And then for the main course she made this amazing Macaroni and cheese! It was so so so good! Oh my gosh I must of had like three plates of just that. It was so good! And then to top it all off, we had brownies for dessert! But not just any regular brownies, they were expensive ingredient brownies just for us! And you can't forget the Hershey kisses that were in the middle of each piece! I almost couldn't have a second piece because that was so sweet. I don't think I can portray through email how much I loved this meal. It was probably my favorite on my mission, that's how good it was! What would have made it better was if there was some good American ice cream! 

Brother O’Day’s mom is really nice! So yesterday was fast Sunday and they bishopric asked if she would bare her testimony for us and O'Day would translate. She had a very moving testimony about sacrifice. About how everyone has different sacrifices but everyone has them. We must, in order to progress and grow. I really loved it. I laughed a couple times because of Bother O’Day’s translation. It's just impossible to translate directly from English to Malagasy. So it always turns out funny. She also talked about how just because some people are rich doesn't mean that they don't have struggles (she was talking about the branch president) because a lot of people tend to think that here. I liked it a lot. 

Well I don't have much time because a lot of missionaries are eating together for lunch and they are rushing us so I'll say that I love you and that will never change. 

Love,
Brad 

Oh and for Christmas I was wondering if you guys could send me another dinner recording with everyone new. I loved the last one so much! If you can't though, I understand. And If I'm sending a letter to everyone I better get a letter from everyone. That means you too Janet! Even if it’s not that long, I still want one from you. And if you guys could buy me an Xbox for when I get home that would be great... The new black one :) You know just little stuff, I don't like asking for too many things. 
Brad with Daniel - maybe a member helping ?


No comments: