"Magicianary" - A missionary who does magic to bring joy and happiness as well as share the gospel with the people of Madagascar (According to Brad)

Monday, December 12, 2011

Early transfers!! - Dec. 12, 2011

So we actually got transfers news last night. So as you all know I have had a mini missionary for the past month. Usually that means that you train the next transfers... and that is exactly what happened! I am training! I'm not really freaking out because I've had a month to think about it. They leave the MTC today and they get here on Wednesday. Then they have dinner with President Donnelly and then they decide which kid would be best for their trainer. And then they go to their areas on Thursday or Friday, depending on where they go on the island. I really hope my kid is ready to work because there is a lot of it right now! 

Nothing too exciting this week, just working hard as usual. On Saturday Elder Bates, Wilson's companion, got invited to the Christmas office party, where everyone who worked at the office and their families would be there. He was asked to sing something with a guitar because he is practically a pro. But Wilson couldn't go because his throat was hurting a little so I went with Bates. So we went planning on only Bates and another set of missionaries playing something. But when we got there they wanted me to do something also! I kinda freaked out because it I didn't prepare anything. But we came up with the idea to just sing the four parts to "Angels We Have Heard on High". I was chosen to sing the melody, which I did not complain about. But then they came up with the brilliant idea for me to sing a little solo on the first verse! I did complain a little about that idea. But they coaxed me into it. So I sang a little solo in front of a little group of people and it was pretty good, if I do say so myself :) It was pretty good altogether. It has been a while since I've sang like that. In between the musical performances there were games. One was the classic "musical chairs". It's just as fun in any country apparently. I was laughing so hard how the grown-ups play and tease each other.  But when it was time for just the little kids to play, they were really confused. I guess musical chairs is too complicated for them. But it was all super fun. After the games, we ate! We had the classic "vary sy laoka", rice and the food on top. The food on top was this chicken broth with shreds of chicken in it. And there were also pieces of cooked chicken to just pick up and eat or pick the meat off of that and eat. Way super good. And then, there was dessert! I think they said it was a trifle? There was strawberry and raspberry on the bottom with custard on top of that and then whip cream with sprinkles on top of that. I think it was the best thing I've ever eaten in this country yet. And it's all thanks to Sister Donnelly the cook, President Donnelly's wonderful wife. After the food I started to play with this one kid and balloon. After awhile all these other kids started to come and play with us. And then some other grown ups started to play too. After about just ten minutes we had a huge group of people playing with the kids and balloons. I don't want to say I'm a trend setter but...I am.

So very recently I've decided to read the Book of Mormon all the way through before April. I read it once up in Tamatave and it was really cool. I loved just connecting all the stories, and feeling the spirit as well. I suggest to maybe read the Book of Mormon all the way through. It is super tough because it is kind of long but it is very worth it. I know that you will appreciate the blessings in your life so much more if you read the Book of Mormon. You will be more in tune with the spirit all the time if you read every day, you will be happier and will be able to be calm if something bugs you. I love the gifts that come from reading the Book of Mormon; I know that you will get them if you do what is necessary. I love this gospel and the infinite power God uses to protect us and bless us. I know he loves us and would do anything for us. 

You could call at 4:30 or 5:00 PM, 6:30 or 7:00 AM your time. You are also allowed to call at 9:00 my time too. I think 1 hour is the time limit for talking. I don't think I can Skype on another computer so you'll have to call my phone. Each area has a set phone, when you move the phone stays with the area. I think that is all. I hope my new kid doesn't complain with whatever time you guys call. He gets to call in the airport anyways. So hopefully he won’t be too picky. And sorry I don't know Stephen Harper’s blog. 

I love you all, that might sound old by now but I need to say it every week.

Love,
Elder Walker

No comments: