"Magicianary" - A missionary who does magic to bring joy and happiness as well as share the gospel with the people of Madagascar (According to Brad)

Monday, October 3, 2011

Prophets - Oct. 2, 2011


How is everyone?! I'm doing great! That is crazy about conference! 6 new temples, that is so cool! Bad news is, that we don't get to watch conference here until a month later and they give us DVD's in Malagasy. But we are going to just download the audio on someone's USB and listen to it on someone's stereo next week. 2 temples in Africa though, I'm so excited because Elder Riding my zone leader up here read somewhere that after there is a temple announced in the Congo, Mada is next! We are all guessing 2 or 3 years. It might be a little hard to keep it clean though, I'm sure they will solve any problem that comes their way. 

On Friday, me and Elder Smith had a soirèe (meal appt.) with our branch president. He is probably the funniest Malagasy I have ever met. Malagasys don't understand sarcasm, but he teases his three daughters all the time. It reminds me of our family, if only they had a son on a mission in America, our families would be creepily similar. But they don't. Anyway, we had the best time over there. Their two older daughters, who are only like 10 and 12 by the way, gave a short spiritual thought and we gave a short lesson on explaining the 13 Articles of Faith. It was so fun, just to joke around with them and be in a house with diligent members. 

The picture of the little girl is their youngest of three kids and she is so outgoing! She was singing and dancing Michael Jackson for us! And a lot of other songs too.
 
So yesterday, we were teaching this woman named Chantelle for the first time. We were going through the routine teaching, I was kind of distracted because I was hungry. We were teaching about how when Joseph Smith died, they called a new prophet, so on and so forth until today with Thomas S. Monson. I looked up from the picture book I was holding and she was just crying. She said to us that she knew that Joseph Smith was a true prophet and that Thomas S Monson is a true prophet today. I felt bad because I wasn't teaching with love and not really in tune with the Spirit. I got my head in the game and taught the rest focused on her. It really impacted me on the importance and great, wonderful, amazing blessing it is to have a prophet today. And now with general conference, we get to hear from the closest people to God. I know that we need to listen to the prophets today and try our hardest to live their council. I love teaching and feeling the Spirit!

I love you all and hope you all listen to conference more than once.

Love,
Elder Bradford Walker

A blowfish on the beach
Elder Sea Turtle




No comments: