"Magicianary" - A missionary who does magic to bring joy and happiness as well as share the gospel with the people of Madagascar (According to Brad)

Monday, August 1, 2011

Still happy as ever! - August 1, 2011

 Hello family and friends!! How is everyone? I'm doing great! Me and Elder Evans had a baptism this last Saturday. Her name is Lina and she is going to be a way solid member.
This week has been so fun! I went on splits with Elder Nash on Thursday, and then with Elder Roney who is Elder Wilson's companion. I was kind of scared to go with someone different for the first time, but now I know how to teach with someone totally new. It was a good experience. So on Wednesday, Elder Evans and I went to one of Elder Wilson's and Roney's recent converts for a birthday party. It was super fun! They fed us this noodle type stuff that they scrape out of a fruit and some other stuff that didn't sit well with me the next day, but it was good while I ate it. And at the end of the birthday party in Madagascar, they smash an egg on the person's head. And since Elder Evans was the only one to remember the egg, he got to do the honors. All in all, it was a good day.
But I do have to confess something. I don't know if this broke a mission rule or not. I held hands with this girl on the way to church yesterday... Luckily it didn't go any further than that, but she's really cute, she has dark hair (like everyone in this country) her name is Stelina and she is nine years old :) It was way cool. We went to pick up this family to bring them to church and everyone could come except the mom. They seemed to love church and the members just took them in right away. This week has been awesome!
  
My questions:
Oh, when are your next transfers? The next transfer news is next Tuesday or Wednesday.
Did anyone in your apt. change last time? No and I hope it never does.
What is the weather like right now? Hot! Whoever said it doesn't get above 85° has never been to Tamatave. The rain has died down too so that's good.
What do you and Elder Evans do for exercise? We don't... I have been doing push-ups every once in a while.
Are you writing in your journal? Not every night but at least every week.
Do you still love me? More than ever! (notice how I just slipped that in?)
Sry Nat but I never got an email from you, but I'll try to receive any revelation to answer you questions.

Cache will be fine going to Oregon, it felt like I didn't know any Malagasy when I got to Madagascar anyways. I think if you compare anyone to Dani, they don't seem outgoing. I bet Yuka [our visiting Japanese friend] is way fun to have around.

So I will be officially out on my mission for four months this next week! It has gone by so fast! People graduating, getting one year older, our house being destroyed and fixed. I had this vision of me after my mission and me coming down the escalator in the Salt Lake airport. And I see all of you and we start hugging and then I'm totally weirded out by this random girl that starts hugging me. But then I realize it's Dani! And she looks so different! You better not change, ok! You also better not have a boyfriend either! Unless it's Elder Evans' 16 year old half English half Philipino cousin. Just because I trust his choice over anyone you choose :)

I love you all and hope that you have the happiest, sunshiniest week ever!!!
Elder Walker

Oh and sorry about me taking out that much money from my debit account but everyone didn't budget their money right so we all had to take some money out. I didn't use all of it so I just have that as emergency money now, just in case something weird happens.

No comments: