"Magicianary" - A missionary who does magic to bring joy and happiness as well as share the gospel with the people of Madagascar (According to Brad)

Monday, July 11, 2011

This week was a bit slow - July 11, 2011

This week was a bit slower but me and Elder Evans are still working hard. I'll just start off with some scriptures that I thought fit some people in the family.

Dad: 1 Timothy chapter 3
Mom: 2 Nephi 3:1 [What the heck does this mean for me?]
Phil: Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 and Moses 3:24 (I figured if I bug him enough, he will have to retaliate)
Anyways I will find scriptures for everyone soon enough don't worry :)

Well me and Elder Evans picked up an investigator who was out of town for work and when we went to teach him he said that he has been to every church and has been learning from the missionaries way too long and has decided to be baptized with the next people getting baptized (which is July 30th) He understands everything, he seems way diligent and possibly the new Elders quorum president. I'm just calling it right now :) Well when we went to teach someone, he wasn't home, but luckily a lady came up to us and said she wanted us to teach her and her family! We got to know her a little and found out that she learned from the missionaries from two years ago! So we will see how that works out.

Just a random thing that made me chuckle in Sacrament Meeting... Elder Evans and I sit at the back of the chapel and he pointed out that none of the people's feet were touching the ground. All of the Malagasy's, young or old, man or woman, all of them could not touch the ground when they sat straight up in the chair!

Well by now, I'm used to everyone looking at me and little kids yelling french words at me, trying to be friendly. Which surprisingly, puts them in shock when I speak Malagasy to them, even if it's the same kids the next day! I don't know, I guess some kids learn slower than others... But I am getting pro at French numbers! Quiz me on any number in French - I know them all (as long as its below 69) .

We were eating breakfast in our apartment and I looked out the window and saw a guy in a papaya tree (which are very skinny) poking at another, higher papaya tree with a stick, trying to get some papayas. When finally he got the papaya loose, it fell and as he was trying to save it from smashing to the ground, he leaned too far, broke the tree he was on, and landed on his back! Luckily, he was all right and everyone that saw got a really good laugh at it. Sadly, they now have one less papaya tree. (The papaya was smashed also.)

So everyone's bike has the proper amount of parts to transport them to the next appoinment. Hopefully we get new bikes soon.

That is so crazy about the stake counselors! I love Doug Nielsen, he was an awesome bishop.

I'm glad that everyone is doing good, I would say more but I got to go and teach and preach and do as missionaries do! I love everyone and so should you!
Elder Walker

No comments: