"Magicianary" - A missionary who does magic to bring joy and happiness as well as share the gospel with the people of Madagascar (According to Brad)

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sept. 3, 2012

So this week was just the same old same old. But I guess I'll try to tell some interesting stories. Oh yeah! We take this canoe across this river to get to an area! It is super sketchy when it is full because it sways back and forth so it feels like we almost tip over. But we never do so it's all good! 
 
So Elder Austin is progressing rapidly at Malagasy! I am teaching and sometimes when I just take a breath he just jumps in there and teaches a good solid principle. It is actually very nice to have a companion that can learn extra fast. I'm sure my trainer wasn't so lucky. haha. 

So this week we went to the ZOO!!!! Again! It was still just as cool and that is actually going to be the pictures on the computer. Because my first visit is on the other SD card. I tired to send a video of the lemurs crawling over us but it took too long so you'll just get pics. It is so fun to go there and have the lemurs crawl over you. They are so human like it's crazy. 

The lemurs like the honey.

I can still get the ladies!
 
[Referring to something I wrote him in my email:] Pop and even clean water is a luxury here. That's why I'm so excited to have those bottomless fountain drinks myself. 

So I can't really remember anything that happened this week. It is pretty slow right now because we are trying to fill our schedule but hopefully that will change when we start getting member help this week. 

One funny thing that happened is Elder Austin was sharing a spiritual thought and he shared Ether 12: 27. And instead of saying "we all have strengths and weakness'" he said " we all are naked and have weakness'"! The people were nice enough not to start laughing but I corrected him and everything was alright. It doesn't help that the two words have a one letter difference. I can't say that I haven't made the same mistake either haha! 

Another thing that happened this week was "Attack Squadron!" So there are some tribal hats in our apartment and Elder Austin and I decided to wear some hats. So first of all they started off as study hats but when studying is over we go into attack mode! My hat is defense and Elder Austins is attack. And together we rule! And yes we still study the full time. 
Study mode

Attack mode!
 

This week we cooked banana pancakes like three times. They are just so flippin good! So one night I decided to go all out and put chocolate frosting on with sweetened condensed milk and sprinkles! I only did that once because it was so sugary! I think that is going to be something we are going t eat a lot when I get home! You guys will love it! 
Banana pancakes
I'm sorry, this might make you mad but I don't have anything else to say. Just to let you know I DO have spiritual experiences, I just can't remember any today. Next week will be good!

Love,
Elder Walker
Elder McLaughlin and Brad - the kids love him!

Branch President and his family with Brad, Elder McLaughlin and Brother O'Day (Brad's MTC teacher)

No comments: