"Magicianary" - A missionary who does magic to bring joy and happiness as well as share the gospel with the people of Madagascar (According to Brad)

Monday, August 27, 2012

New Missionary Miracles - August 27, 2012

I promise I'm trying to get pictures up but I think my 8G SD card is the problem. It doesn't say it has any pictures on it but when I put it in my camera it has all of them. SO they are not lost, you guys just probably can't see them for another seven months. And now the connection is slow so we'll see if the pictures will load in time. We are just not having some good luck lately. No worries, that just means there is a lot of good luck to come, hopefully. :) It sounds like life in America is as foreign and unknown as a Malagasy would hear it. So much stuff goes on. It is just so different than the missionary life of doing the same thing everyday. That is not me complaining because it is different with the people but we teach everyday, so it sounds like I wouldn't be able to handle it haha! 

So I guess your all dying to hear who my new missionary is! His name is Elder Tanner Alan Austin. He is from San José, California. He is the fourth of five children. He is really fun, he's already awesome at the language and we all get along in the four man house now. Elder McLaughlin got Elder Galbreath. On Thursday he came up to me and said his mom told him to tell me thank you. I think it was because of the blog haha! 

The first couple days of the week me and Elder McLaughlin went to the last times in each of the areas. I got pictures he got pictures and we both said good byes. We picked them up on Thursday and went out to work. With having a new missionary you are supposed to do an hour of personal study, two hours of companionship study and then another hour of language study. So ya, a lot of studying. Which is more like me teaching a lot of little things here and there. But it is all worth it when you are actually done! Just kidding, its cool teaching someone how to teach and adapt to the people. Just seeing their reaction to some stuff is rewarding enough. We had a nice baptism on Saturday. Two men got baptized. We already have five people planned for baptism on the 22th of September. 

So on Saturday morning we were coming home to eat and prepare for the baptism and we get a call from an investigator who we just taught the day before. And he said that he didn't have anything to do and was wondering if we could come over and teach him. So being hard workers we are, we went straight over. We planned on talking about the priesthood but we never got around to it. We ended up talking about how God didn't create evil. Because he had some pretty sad stuff happen in his life that made it hard for him to have faith. But at the end, me and Elder Austin bore our testimony and after that he said that he was finally ready to follow us, and wanted to be baptized. He said that he felt something in his chest saying that what we taught was true and that he should follow it. It was pretty cliché but really cool to hear it from someone in front of your face. So now he is preparing to be baptized on the 20th of October He said that he stopped smoking also, and then he added that he just started today haha! I can't wait!!! New missionaries always bring miracles with them. That is one of the great perks of training. 

So that is what went on in the week. I hope that you all realize that Heavenly Father answers prays daily. The big and small ones. I know that Heavenly Father blesses us every single day! 

Love,
Elder Walker

No comments: